Rent a flat or a house in Dakar

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Dakar. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Dakar.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Dakar?

How to find a home in Dakar: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hey Christine is not hard to find an apartment in Dakar,
Just consulting the agent in charge of that and letting them know the kind of house you need and they will get a house for you with the condition they will give to you.
And for the cost it depends the area you want a house and the building itself.

Hi and welcome on board patbaby03!

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Armand

[Moderated: please post in classifieds]

Je voudrais me faire une idée du prix de location d'une maison près de la mer, avec un peu de terrain, mais pas trop isolée, car je suis une femme seule et dans quels endroits la sécurité est au top

Hi sylvia and welcome to Expat.com!

Could you please post in English in this Anglophone forum?

Thanks,
Harmonie.;)

Does anyone know of any short term self contained apartments in Dakar that we can use whilst we wait for our shipment to arrive. We are currently staying in a hotel. Thanks

Hello Wfleming.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You should post an advert in the housing in Dakar section. It could help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you Aurelle!

La quéte d'une maison à Dakar est une chose difficile si l'on a pas de moyens.C'est à dire que les maisons sont de plus en plus nombreuses mais trés chéres notamment celles situées prés de la ville:médina,fass,gueule tapée,reubeus,almadie...contrairement à celles des banlieues.Pour en trouver une,il faut parcourir les petites annonces des journaux ou de s'approcher d'une agence immobiliére reconnue par l'état.Les prix varient certes selons les critéres de sécurité,de l'accés,du confort,...Et la plupart,on exige une caution de 2 à 3mois d'avance.Bon,j'espére que cette contribution pourra au moins vous guider vers une personne ressource ou compétente.

Hi lammda!

Thanks for your help!
As this is the anglophone could you post in English please? ;)

Thanks
Armand

Hi Armand!
i would like give you it in english but i speak badly this language.Je suis vraiment désolé.:(

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

I know it can be a challenge dealing with all kinds of ads online. Depending on your budget you can find deals in Dakar whether you want a short or long term rental. I like the following sites: dakar-expat.com, DakarSejour.com, tewmoutew.com, senegalaisement.com etc..

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

There is also habiter biz on face book. As you may already know. You have the possibility to negotiate the asking price. They also have pics.

@Christine

I am looking for an apartment to rent in Dakar preferably around Almadies, Mermoz, Ngor or Yof.

The flat must be unfurnished, fully fitted with air-conditioners, stove and security or safe to stay at

My budget is USD600 - 1 200.

My number is ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

This is an old topic. You are required to browse through the listing in the Housing in Dakar section of the website or create your own ad in the same section if you are looking for accommodation.

Thanks in advance,

Bhavna

[Thread Closed]

Closed