Rent a flat or a house in Phuket

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Phuket. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Phuket.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Phuket?

How to find a home in Phuket: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

In answer to Christines questions:

No its not hard to find a property to rent in Phuket, there are literally thousands on offer, it just a question of sorting through them to find one thats right for you.

Its possible to use classifieds to find a place but the options are really quite limited. I found a really helpful/friendly agency who helped me find what i wanted their website is phuket-estate-agents.com

rentals vary considerably in price depending of course on what you are after and what time of year you come and how long of a contract you wish to sign - generally you can haggle for a lower price than advertised if you are signing for a longer term. Expect anything from 10-15,000 a month for a small 1 bed room to 200,000 for a large well presented house in high season - best to ask an agency to point you in the right direction to suit your needs

There are not many formalities when it comes to renting, most owners will require some sort of deposit and possibly a copy of your passport but thats usually about it.

My general advice would be to let your agency do the work for you as many Thai's simply put a hand written sign on a gate post to advertise their property, it would take a lot of driving around and sometimes difficult phone calls in broken English to find a place right for you. The ones in classifieds tend to be more aware of their true commercial value and therefore charge more, you can find better deals with an agent. As i said before the guys at Phuket Estate Agents were great and worth checking out.

Hi Pete Phuket,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you very much for this informations. :)

So there isnt really a main listings website just each individual agent?

No, i dont know of any main listings website, i would be happy to point you in the right direction but any links etc on here get moderated.

If you tell your Facebook contact i would be happy to talk to you on there and give advice etc....

p.s Hi Christine, thank you for welcoming me to your online community