Rent a flat or a house in Oslo

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Oslo. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Oslo.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Oslo?

How to find a home in Oslo: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi Christine,

With my experience its definitely not very easy to find an apartment or shared accomodation in Oslo.
The rents range between 5000 - 10000 or way more depends on what you need and where you want.
To find appartments finn.no is the best site as far as I know.

Regards
Vivek

Hi Vivek!

Thanks a lot for your help ;)

Armand

any time friends!!

Finding property in Oslo to rent is quite simple. Like jobs, properties are all listed on FINN.NO. This website alone covers all listings by local estate agents and private people.

1 bedroom flats in central Oslo go for anywhere from 12k to 15k for a relatively standard finish flat, both furnished and unfurnished.

Estate agents tend to carry out credit checks, private landlords tend to ask for references. Deposit is usually 3 months rent kept in a joint bank account which is not accessible by either party until the end of the tenancy and both parties have agreed the property and contents is ok, or any deductions agreed by both parties.

A consumers right portal with alot of useful information and standard tenancy agreements often used by private landlords.

Thanks for your contribution Knut!;)

Harmonie.

Harmonie wrote:

Thanks for your contribution Knut!;)

Harmonie.

No problem. :)

I did forget to mention one thing which I found a little confusing. Apartments/houses are advertised as per useable rooms, and not amount of bedrooms. i.e A 2 room apartment would constitute 1 bedroom, 1 kitchen/living room and a bathroom. A 1 room apartment will not have separate sleeping area from the living area.

Here is a direct link on finn.no on appartments and house for rent in Oslo.
Its all in norwegian, but you can see pictures of the appartments and see what they cost.
1 euro = 8 kroners.
So just devide the cost with 8.

LINK: Finn.no OSLO

Hi, we are a couple we have an studio rented in oslo, Grorud /line 5 metro, 20 minuts to National theater. we have signed a contract for 1 year but we want to leave infebruary or marc and we need to find a new leese for the apartment. we pay 9000 kr including water and central heating. IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO RENT AN APARTMENT INOSLO please contact us but you must have a job or money in the bank to show the agency you dont have problems to pay the rent. Even its not in the sentrum ts nice area with 3 lakes to go swming or to go skiing. Also there is 31 bus all night long....

Hola somos una pareja, tenemos alquilado un estudio de 40 m2 (con hab separada) en Grorud, Oslo (Línea 5 en metro, 20 minut a National Theater) hemos firmado un contrato con agencia por un año, llevamos aqui desde mayo pero queremos mudarnos en febrero o marzo y la única forma de podernos ir es encontrar nosotras un nuevo inquilino. BUSCAS CASA EN OSLO? Es ideal para una pareja o uno solo si puedes pagarlo: 9000 kr incluido agua y calefacción central (muy importante) y tiene una terraza muy bonita. A 10 minutos hay 3 lagos que en verano vamos a bañarnos y en invierno tur sky. La agencia ha de aceptar al nuevo inquilino asi que o debes de tener contrato de trabajo o mucho dinero en el banco y demostrar que no tienes problema para pagarlo.

In English please malaguitas!;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.

hi harmonie i already it made it in english....

Harmonie wrote:

In English please malaguitas!;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.

(moderated: please post in the housing section)

Hi, i need a studio apartment in Oslo, please contact me if you have any offer

Hi Vykonus!

I suggest you post an advert in the Oslo housing section.
It might help.

Regards
Armand

Hi, I've cheked out FINN.NO as you suggest but can't seem to find a translate to english option... is it only in Norwegan?

If you use google chrome, it has an auto translate option. If you're using a different browser without the option, here's a link to the Oslo rental browsing page.

finn.no/finn/realestate/lettings/result?areaId=20061

Alternatively, use something like google translate for the various drop down menu's and links.

Hi,
Your apartments still available for rent? Thanks!
If so please drop me a mail to : [email protected]

@ venu818: If you are looking for an accommodation, please feel free to post an advert in the section flats for rent in Oslo :)

venu818 wrote:

Hi,
Your apartments still available for rent? Thanks!
If so please drop me a mail to : [email protected]

It is strange when someone replies to very old thread , but anyways  , please visit finn.no using google chrome to find accomodation.  There are more chances to find it cheap in jan - march.

Hi,
I am looking for  to share aparment or flat with anybody who is intrestered.
kind regards.
banya.

Hello banya,

Welcome to expat-blog!  ;)

Please browse through the two sections below to look for an ad which corresponds to your needs. You can also post your own advert so as to maximize your chances to find a shared accommodation as per your criteria.

- Flat share in Oslo

- House share in Oslo

Best of luck,
Bhavna  :)

Bhavna wrote:

Hello banya,

Welcome to expat-blog!  ;)

Please browse through the two sections below to look for an ad which corresponds to your needs. You can also post your own advert so as to maximize your chances to find a shared accommodation as per your criteria.

- Flat share in Oslo

- House share in Oslo

Best of luck,
Bhavna  :)

I looking for to share aparment or flat .please kidly inform me,any about.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the public forum.
banya wrote:

I looking for to share aparment or flat .please kidly inform me,any about.

Go to
www.finn.nowww.hybel.no

There is also a fb group that is all about renting but the admin here will not allow me to write it.  it is much more active over there since it is linked to your fb account.