Moving from Canada to London, England

Hey Everyone

I am looking into moving to London, to study and to possibly move there. I am doing this by myself and i have no support and if i do its mostly from my friends.
I've always wanted to move there and live there and i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me in figuring out what type of things i would have to start looking at now.

If you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated, thank you <3

-Aimee xx

P.s. - thank you so much to wanderlust(im sorry if i spelled that wrong) for already lending a hand.

Definetely see if your school offers any scholarships, bursaries for international students.  Also see if they have a hardship fund - most do.

Check visa stuff its not hard, looks more complicated than it is

Start looking into areas you want to live and budgets...gumtree.com is good place to see what rent is like

Hello I too am from Vancouver but now live in Turkey. We have visited London a few times and it is a very expensive city to live in. The Canadian Govt web site will give you all the info you need re entry and working papers. You might want to research the cost of living by city, worldwide. Just google "cost of living by city " you may want to relocate to someplace a little cheaper to start.

Hi if you wanna move to London,
I have put a few interesting links on my blog.
Cheap accommodations, how to deal with the health system, how to find a job. There are a few agencies that I would recommend.
My blog is Maudrix.wordpress.com
Good luck. I'm living in London for 3 years, so I know what it is to be an expat :-) (I'm French)

Maudrix
:rolleyes:

Hi there! How are you all?

Aimee, I'm in a very similar situtaion to what you were in a few years ago. I always wanted to move to London and now I've been here some months but struggling to adjust. I also had no support and had to do it myself.

Please messege me if you managed to move to London and if so, how you dealt with it?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Sonia