Migration cut

hi there,

I presume that everybody here is aware of the new plan around migration  regarding the downturn

Here is what the government announce: Govt to slah immigration intake

that would make a lot harder to be approved for skilled visa but as well to get accepted on a sponsorship request.

in a way it is understandable to give priority to locals, but make a disapointed to whom dream to live in australie

Do you think it's gonna last more than one year ?

they say that they will decrease the number of jobs on the MODL list to reach a right number within the 3 next years.

So from what I understood it's not going to get better from willing migrant to come in Australia.

GFC is gonna be worse this year and they are not planning any better situation at least before next year

this is surely a bad news for me particular, it has been my dream to live and work in australia, but i dont know why the australia goverment are making it even more difficult for me. even the visa fees are expensive for poor countries immigrants, i wish i could just have an australian partner, it could be easier.

I have already my assessment result from one of the prof. organization in Australia, im now preparing for my IELTS exam, do you think it will affected my application?

I am a migration agent (based in the UK) and to be perfectly honest the cut in numbers is not at all serious. In fact, the cut brings the numbers down to a level about 2 years ago, which still means that plenty of people can apply and be granted visas.

The MODL has not been changed yet (although it may be in the next couple of months) and the only significant change is in processing times: some visas are being prioritised over others.

My opinion is that if you want to go, get in the queue as soon as possible; the longer you wait, the longer it will take.

I'VE RUN MY OWN BUILDING COMPANY FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS AND I AM HOPING TO EMIGRATE TO ADELAIDE.
I HAVE NVQ LEVEL 3 IN BRICKLYING AND HAVE JUST ASSIGNED A MIGRATION AGENT TO ASSIST WITH AL THE FORMS.
IS THERE STILL WORK OUT THERE FOR EXPERIANCED BRICKIES.