I need a job where I can use my expertise.
Falak steel Manufacturing company-Tehran-Rasht/Iran
President/Project Manager (December 2009-November 2015)
• Led management team in identifying and correcting critical an vital problems which reduced overhead costs and strengthened product gross margin by 8%
• Re-established market leadership against major competitors within the country by leading and implementing differentiated customer service
• Introduced and applied modern manufacturing techniques by hiring right engineers in production line which resulted in 20% cost reduction and decreased 30% in manufacturing cycle time
• Minimized down time and internal conflicts by collaborating in creating and implementing procedures and guidelines to manage current and future organizational change
• Getting the necessary key qualifications and certificates in order to be eligible to work with two biggest Iranian automotive industries, IKID and IHDM for the first time in the history of the company.
Cressey Development Corp, Vancouver, BC
Asset Manager (JULY 2007-November 2009)
• Increased occupancy rate by 10% through efficient managing and monitoring the lower managers and strategic pricing
• Scheduled maintenance and renovations with responsibility to oversee contractors and committed to provide strong customer relationships through hiring right staff
• Reengineered the management process to deduct the cost of management in my area by 15%
Aquawest Developers Inc. – Vancouver, BC
Project Manager/Construction Manager/Project Estimator (April 2006-April 2007)
• Launched two high-end, 4800Sqft and 4200Sqft projects, simultaneously from excavation stage, reached at lock-up stage in a timely manner and finished them by beautiful and low maintenance landscaping and getting the occupancy permit in less than 11 month.
• Deliver projects on time and within budget by balancing resources and upholding high leadership standards.
• Implemented methods of network drawings, AOA and AON.
• Established a simplified estimating system on Excel.
• Determined cost components, Detailed Estimating, and took into the account the Direct/indirect costs.
• Applied network Scheduling, CPM and PDM methods.
• Executed the basics of Line-of-balance (LOB) technique.
• Performed integrated CPM-LOB calculations.
• Allocated and levelled resources.
• Applied Techniques for time cost trade-off analysis (TCT) and Cost-Slop Method on excel and Generic algorithms optimization on Evolver Software.
• Integrated TCT, Resource allocation, and Resource levelling.
• Raised CDN $1.3 million financing through conceptualising and authoring a customized business plan.
• Surpassed projected sales by 10% by using cutting-edge geothermal heating/cooling system in two projects.
• Reduced material costs by 15% by building long-term relations with local vendors and Chinese companies.
• Reduced financial risk by preemptively appraising opportunities and quantifying into cost-benefit analysis.
• Minimized interest costs of financial activities through negotiating construction mortgages with best rates.
• Minimized errors and improved lead times by creating and implementing daily construction logs and compelling trades to collaboratively deliver their jobs on time.
• Established a reputation among subcontractors for keeping a positive frame of mind and “bringing order to chaos” by seizing opportunities and identifying solutions quickly.
• Completed $2.7M $1.3M luxury project by increasing employee and subcontractor productivity.
• Targeted and obtained ability to lead by motivating teams of subcontractors in different environment.
Falak steel Manufacturing Company –Tehran-Rasht/Iran
Assistant Project Manager (August 2001-March 2003)
• Negotiated best possible terms of contracts and payment schedules with suppliers and customers.
• Ordered primary materials, scrap metal (HMS1 and HMS2), graphite and carbonate sodium, among others.
• Researched and negotiated best prices among local and international suppliers.
• Reduced costs through research and pioneering uses of alternative resources including coal and graphite.
• Minimized production costs by devising best mixtures of HMS1 &HMS2 scrap metal using trial and error.
• Optimizing productivity and profitability by supervising production process from the first stage (sintering the furnaces), through the last stage, (pouring hot melt into the mould) and analyzing the best and worst practices.
• Gathered primary consumption material data; researched and analyzed percentage of loss related to workers’ unprofessionalism and primary material quality.
• Increased safety by educating furnace operators on safe time to change the furnace Si-fireclay.
• Ensured production quality through available spectrum device usage; offered customers specimen samples.
• Prevented early change of fireclay through manufacture of metal templates and fixtures for various furnace sizes; homogenised and integrated a Si-fireclay around the inside perimeter of the furnace.
University of Waterloo; Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
M.S. Mechanical Engineering/Fuel Hydrogen Storage Materials (Feb 2003-Dec 2005)
Computer based construction management, Micro structural Changes in Engineering Alloys, Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics Analysis & Design, Numerically Controlled Machine Tools, Industrial Metallurgy, Fluid Power Control Systems, Finite Element Methods and Structure and Properties of Engineering Alloys
University of Tabriz – Tabriz, Iran
B.S. Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing and production (September 1995-April 2000)
Software/Operating Systems: Primavera P3 Software, Evolver software, Microsoft Project, Excel, ABAQUS, Solid works, Auto cad, QuickBooks, all Microsoft Office software programs, Mac/PC
Languages: English, Farsi, and Turkish
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & LEADERSHIP
IRCA, BC: Volunteer
University of Waterloo, ON: Alumni
Builders Community, BC: Home Protection Office (HPO) and Member of National Home Warranty
Do you like the services of your plumber or the warm welcome of the restaurant nearby? Recommend them!