English (Mother tongue)
Cortical.io is a start-up focusing on semantic text processing software. We are looking for a technical/scientific writer to work with our general manager, marketing and technical team in central Vienna.
This is a part-time permanent position (approximately 20 hours per week) with the option of teleworking one or two days per week. Our work environment is relaxed and diverse, with a pleasant office and flexible working arrangements - and probably the best Espresso machine in central Europe. Our corporate language is English.
As a technical/scientific writer you will
- write or edit content for our website, articles in (non-academic) journals, conference submissions, white papers, contributions to Wikipedia and the like
- improve and extend the technical documentation of our software products and manage updates and revisions
- collaborate with developers and managers to clarify technical issues
- gather and analyze the information needs of the user answer occasional technical inquiries from our users on various aspects of our software
- be a native English speaker with excellent written communication skills
- have a Bachelor's degree in a technical or scientific field
- have proven experience of working in a technical writing position
- be able to quickly familiarize yourself with the domain (natural language processing and semantic text processing) and the software for which documentation is to be prepared
- be able to explain complex information in a clear and concise manner, organize information according to the needs of the respective reader and anticipate the reader’s knowledge gasps
- similarly, be familiar with essential software development terminology
- have strong attention to detail
- be a EU citizens or have a work permit for Austria or the EU as a whole
Our technical communications are not simple descriptions of user interface operations, as is so often the case in technical writing. Instead, the documents you will be responsible for explore different aspects of natural language and semantic text processing, with the particular viewpoint provided by our proprietary technology, either for a scientific, technical or business audience.
This position is based in Vienna, Austria.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your details (cover letter and CV) to Sylvia Selwood (link to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Have you found the best mechanic in town? Recommend him and help other expats.