- Seeking experienced Insurance Verification Specialist to work in our Billing Department. This position is responsible for obtaining accurate eligibility and benefit details, as well as, obtaining authorizations and referrals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilizing insurance websites and calling insurance companies to obtain eligibility and benefit details.
- Accurately updating practice management system to ensure benefits are uploaded in a timely manner.
- Document all insurance coverage of services to be provided, including coordination of benefits.
- Enter new patient enrolled insurance information into the patient profile.
- Detail oriented with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Adaptable to change.
- Willingness to take on new tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple priorities in excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Basic knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD 9 codes and medical terminology is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to communicate with direct staff and insurance companies.
- Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience working in AdvancedMD Management system helpful.
Hours of employment are Monday – Friday 9:00pm – 6:30am.