Full time, Part time
English (Mother tongue)
POLY Foreign Language Center is looking for teachers to work with students from around the world ranging in age from 1st grade through middle school developing their English language skills. Classes are taught in the afternoons/evenings. Generally class sizes are no larger than 12 students per class to provide teachers the opportunity to have dedicated one on one interaction with each student. Teachers will be teaching subjects such as Reading, Writing, Phonics, Vocabulary, Grammar, and guide students in developing and giving presentations. Teachers will be expected to develop weekly lesson plans based on the curriculum scheduled for the week, assign and correct homework on a daily basis, write report card comments for each student on a quarterly basis, track student progress, maintain appropriate classroom behavior from students, be a team player, and make the classroom an inviting space for learning for a variety of students of different nationalities.
The details: The ideal candidate:
1) Under 40 years old, with 05 years of teaching experience.
2) PhD in English Literature (published author with verified sales of over 1,000,000 books also acceptable).
3) Willing to work 140 hours a week for 2 dollars an hour. (Hey, before you get all bent out of shape about being underpaid, remember that you sold all those books and are making a killing off of royalties…why are you quibbling over a few bucks here?)
4) Can wrestle a bear and/or crocodile with your bare hands and come out on top without a scratch (we have some really, really, really rowdy kids you have to deal with).
5) Realizes that the person writing this is being sarcastic. Will settle for:
1) Candidate with college diploma, clean criminal background check from your home country, TESOL/CELTA certificate. Able to complete necessary paperwork for Work Permit and Residence Card within 3 months of starting employment.
2) Able to work evenings from 3:30 pm to 9:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
3) One year of experience teaching.
4) Enjoys working with children and understands that being a teacher sometimes means putting the needs of the kids in front of your own wants.
5) Willing to commit to working for at least 1 year.
6) Has a positive attitude and knows that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. (Although I don’t know why you would want to catch flies unless you were Spiderman/Spiderwoman….or maybe a prince or princess stuck in a frog’s body.) Compensation:
1) Competitive salary.
2) Work Permit and Residence Card fees reimbursed by POLY at contract completion.
3) 13 days paid vacation plus Vietnamese national holidays off (following completion of Work Permit and Residence Card application).
4) 100% (1 month) severance bonus paid at the completion of a 1 year full time labor contract.
5) The opportunity to work with talented students from around the world.
6) Positive working environment with a group of dedicated teachers.
7) Opportunities for extra hours on weekends/mornings as a substitute teacher.
8) Training seminars and support from experienced teachers.
9) Small class sizes with good behaved students (generally 12 students or less in a class).
10) Access to an expansive English language library.
If you are interested Please send your cover letter, CV to my email email@example.com
We should change #2 to read 2) Able to work mornings from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm M-F or Evenings from 3:30 pm to 9:00 pm M-F.
Discover the expat guide and find useful info for your expat project