Full time, Part time
Disclosed upon interview
Full-Time, Part-Time and Freelance positions available.
The ESL Instructor is responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with SKY curriculum; for maintaining student class records; and for participating in professional development activities such as workshops, meetings and events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Instructor is specifically responsible for performing the following duties:
• To teach Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing following ENGLISH FILE TEXTBOOK
• To prepare lesson plans, exercises and tests.
• To test, evaluate and counsel the student regarding his/her classroom performance.
• To maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
• To coordinate instruction, attendance records and evaluation with other teachers.
• To know and adhere to Center and Company policy and procedures, and to communicate local policy to HOD.
• To complete administrative paperwork as required or requested.
• To maintain performance and attendance records.
• To maintain Center resource materials and files.
• To observe other teachers, as suggested by the HOD, for purposes of professional development and to be observed in all facets of the program.
• To participate in administrative meetings and professional development activities.
• To participate in the employee evaluation process (i.e., classroom observations and follow-up discussions and the performance appraisal process).
• To provide HOD with assistance.
• To develop and/or refine teaching materials at the local level.
• To participate in activities during the Instructor's scheduled class hours and, when requested, to disseminate information about after-class activities.
• To contribute to the maintenance of neat classrooms and a neat staff workroom and staff lounge.
• To substitute in emergency situations for less than a full day (assuming the Instructor is not already teaching a full day) when there are no reasonable alternatives available to the HOD.
Bachelors in Teaching English as a Second Language or related field.
Certificate or better in CELTA or related field.
Certificate or better in TESOL or related field.
A minimum of six months of ESL teaching experience for those who do not have an MA in TESOL or CELTA.
Help the other members by sharing information and advice on Malaysia