INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR OF INTERIOR DESIGN AND PRODUCT DESIGN
Award-winning NCIDQ Certified and licensed, Design Director with history of achievement crafting innovative product designs as well as captivating interior and exterior designs for Residential, Hospitality, Retail, Marine and Commercial applications. Decisive leader, with proven success implementing solutions to streamline design, development, customer management and final delivery processes. Providing excellent communication with an aptitude for establishing and managing relationships with clientele, affiliated professionals and manufacturing partners.
STUDIO 2, Estero, Florida • 2002 - Present
Provider of Interior and Product Design solutions; as well as international design sourcing solutions.
Director of Design
Created and directed concepts through final delivery of Luxury Home Designs, Yacht Designs, Hotel and Restaurant Designs for discerning clientele.
Designed and actualized concepts through final delivery; product for Upholstered Furniture, Case-Goods Furniture, Fixed Wire Lighting, Portable Lighting, Wall Décor and Decorative Accessories for private clientele and customers in the Home Furnishings Industry and for discerning clientele worldwide. Guided clients on the selection of materials and products designed specifically for them or sourced and obtained from leading manufacturers worldwide.
• Designed and fully specified all interior and exterior material, finishes and equipment, and completed all drawings from concept to final construction documents on a variety of Luxury Homes up to 80K-ft2 in US and worldwide.
• Designed and delineated concept elevations and interior perspectives to assist Real Estate associates in acquiring new design / build contracts from investors, developers and land owners.
• Consulted and advised other Interior Design firms on how to streamline their operations, maximize efficiency and reduce errors.
• Consistently designed and directed (2) showrooms dedicated to Home Furnishings product and Lighting product. Each showroom was re-designed and refitted with new product every (6) months.
• Salvaged stained glass cast-offs and other scrapped manufacturing materials to design and develop “Green or Sustainable” decorative glass wall tile; which resulted in the launch of new factories dedicated to their production in China.
• Created (100) portable lamp designs, (7) lighting collections and (10) accessory collections from concept to showroom implementation within condensed (6)-month time frame.
• Designed and fully specified from concept to completed samples of “Private Labeled” lamp lines for major international hospitality clients.
• Designed and completed conceptual designs through finished showroom samples of Upholstered Goods and Seating for major US wholesalers and retail chains
CAROLYN KINDER INTERNATIONAL / KINDER INTERNATIONAL, St Petersburg, Florida
• 2012 – August 2016, and 2001 – 2002, 1994 – 1995
Developer of product lines for Upholstered Furniture, Case-Good Furniture, Fixed Wire Lighting, Portable Lighting, Wall Décor and Decorative Accessories for the Home Furnishings Industry.
Director of Design
Lead Design Team in all aspects of product design, project management, sample construction and client presentation / sales. Guided team members and clients on current and upcoming design trends and color palettes. Directed on-site project managers, CAD drafters and renderers in China to ensure accuracy of designs to the intended concepts. Oversaw the sampling process in regards to controlling the accuracy of designs and finishes to the intended concepts. This was done remotely as well as within the factories. Interacted with the media and industry publications to increase customer awareness and to showcase new designs. Directed and reviewed showroom set-up in Asia and the US. Established and maintained relationships with international vendors for material sourcing.
• Designed and directed Concept Sketches to coordinate with the company direction and client needs utilizing staff in US and Asia.
• Directed and created (2500) SKU / year of product with a target goal to reach (4000) SKU / year.
• Created / selected color palettes of metal, wood, glass finishes; as well as new fabric collections to coordinate with the company direction and client needs.
• Designed and delivered “Private Labeled” furniture and lighting collections for commercial and hospitality projects worldwide.
• Developed product lines for Upholstered Furniture, Case-Good Furniture, Fixed Wire Lighting, Portable Lighting, Wall Décor, Decorative Accessories to be sold in the US, Europe, the Middle East and South America by wholesale and retail companies alike.
• Designed and coordinated the production of custom art lines for retail sales; picture frame molding for dealers such as Larson Juhl, Lazzaris and Framerica; as well as Home Décor and Accessory products for companies including: Pottery Barn, Pier 1 Imports, Clay Metal and Stone, Montaage, Austin Sculptures, Casa Bique, O.L.F., Frontgate and Uttermost.
• Designed and oversaw production of fixed and portable lighting for retail sales, for famous industry partners: SeaGull Lighting, Thomas Lighting, Quoizel, Spectrum Lighting and Uttermost; to name a few.
• Consistently designed and directed (2) showrooms dedicated to home furnishings products and lighting products. Each showroom was re-designed and refitted with new product every (6) months.
PAIZA LIVING DESIGN LTD – NOBLE CHINA WORLDWIDE. Shenzhen / Hong Kong, China •November 2009 – November 2010
International high-end Residential and Commercial development / International provider of high-end Leather Upholstery and Leather Goods.
V.P. & Chief Design Director
Developed a “Western Style” full service Interior Design Company for Luxury Residential, Commercial, Retail and Hospitality projects. Design Company featured direct ties to manufacturing and construction servicing the Chinese luxury residential market. Provided guidance to the company on current trends within Hospitality and Home Furnishings.
Lead factory in all aspects of product design and client presentation to final sale. Oversaw on-site project managers, CAD drafters and renderers to ensure accuracy of designs to the intended concepts. Guided the sampling process; in regards to accuracy of designs and finishes, to follow the intended concepts. Created and directed the set-up of (3) retail showrooms in Asia.
• Instrumental in securing the company a contract to supply all upholstered goods for the common areas, restaurants and lounges, and VIP Suites for The Sands Group of Las Vegas- resulting in Paiza
becoming a top vendor holding preferred status with The Sands Group for all upholstered goods and case goods, worldwide.
• Created and managed the on-schedule set-up of (3) Retail Showrooms in Asia for leather furniture and couture leather goods. Worked with the local Chinese superintendents and construction crews.
• Designed and fully specified all interior and exterior material, finishes and custom furnishings for (5) Chinese Luxury Homes- all over (20K-ft2).
• Created conceptual design through constructed sample rooms of multi-unit luxury apartments; and devised a way to provide the customers with (1 of 4) interchangeable decorating options.
• Provided the creative design lead to the staff and factory in developing product lines for Upholstered Furniture, Case-Good Furniture and Couture Leather Goods for the domestic and international markets.
• Designed and produced “Private Labeled” upholstery and furniture collections for celebrity, retail and hospitality customers worldwide.
• Conceived the designs and created the samples of a couture handbag line (made from leather scraps).
I.D.A.C. ISLAND DESIGN & ARCHITECTURAL CENTER, St Simons’ Island, Georgia
•February 2009 – October 2009
Regional Architectural and Design Showroom with full Interior Design services
Senior Vice President and Director of Design
Lead teams in all aspects of Interior Design, client management, construction, and final delivery. Directed team members and clients on selections of products, materials, millwork, cabinetry, lighting, plumbing and appliances; as well as furniture and accessory selections from I.D.A.C.’s private labeled lines and from leading manufacturers worldwide. Directed on-site project managers, trades and construction superintendents to ensure fulfillment of customer deliverables and milestones.
• Directed the luxury residential design showroom (furniture, lighting, plumbing, appliances) and in-house Interior Design firm of (4) designers to execute and fulfill needs of customers building luxury homes from Jacksonville FL to Charleston SC.
• Coordinated design and development of engineered home designs utilizing Structural Insulated Panels (SIPS). Created a library of modular home designs that could be factory built and delivered to a customer’s site for installation and assembly; all with a pleasing Traditional Southern Vernacular architectural aesthetic.
• Designed an adaptive reuse multi-family housing unit and a luxury private home using Structural Insulated Panels and other renewable resource and energy saving technologies.
MCGARVEY DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, Fort Myers, Florida • 2002- February 2009
Regional provider of high-end residential and commercial development services with $100M in sales.
Vice President of Interior Design
Lead teams in all aspects of design, client management, construction, and final delivery. Liaison between architects and potential clients to create the concept for their new luxury home and secure a contract to build. Directed clientele, guided team members and clients on selections of products, materials, millwork, cabinetry, lighting, plumbing and appliances. Oversaw architectural approval and permitting process. Interacted with media and industry publications to increase awareness as well as to showcase designs.
• Coordinated design and development from concept to final delivery of more than (15) luxury homes (valued at more than $3.5M each) in addition to (4) major commercial projects - each year.
• Directed and successfully completed (2) corporate re-locations including all staff and equipment for the company within a condensed timeframe: Friday at noon close- Monday morning open for business.
• Fueled aggressive growth of in-house interior design unit of (7) designers. In-house interior design unit became the largest profit center for the entire company.
• Directed on-site project managers, CAD Department, in-house mechanical trades, specialties, and construction superintendents; which at one point numbered (268) personnel.
• Instituted robust standard operating procedures and business practices that improved accuracy and integrity of work while reducing delivery cycle times. Developed standard appliance packages to cut estimating and client selection times as well as the establishment of a base fixture offering with plumbing vendors for same-day quotations.
• Received the request to have a project featured in Architectural Digest.
MAZAS DESIGN GALLERY, Dunedin, Florida • 1996-2001
Interior design firm specializing in high-end residential and commercial projects in the Tampa area.
• Orchestrated all phases of design from initial concept to final delivery for luxury 30K-ft2 residence.
• Directed design of all rooms and common areas for the Holiday Inn of Nassau, Bahamas.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design with Minor in Graphic Design, Fine Art & Illustration
Ringling School of Art & Design, Sarasota, Florida
LISENCES AND ACCREDITATIONS
NCIDQ Certified and Registered- #018544
Licensed Interior Designer, State of Florida (# ID4723)
Licensed Interior Designer, State of Georgia (# ID000711)
AFFILIATION & HONORS
2000 Dream Home Best of Show Award for the Tampa market.
Member, International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
Professional Member, American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
Earned Prestigious ADDY Award for Graphic Design Excellence in 1991
Sandollar Awards in 2004 and 2007,
Pinnacle Award in 2006
1 Aurora Award.