Mandarin (Advanced), German (Mother tongue), Indonesian (Mother tongue), English (Fluent)
CSOFT is looking for an LQA/Translator expert for the following languages: Norwegian/ Chinese (Taiwan)/German/Indonesian. This position will be available on a full-time basis from our Shanghai office.
The main role of the LQA (Language quality assurance) will be to serve as a gatekeeper for the quality of translations (grammar, spelling and punctuation, meaning accuracy -loyalty to source, style, terminology and consistency). You will work with a team and under the supervision of a mentor to complete linguistic projects according to the requests of clients. You will gain real work experience and learn to communicate with project managers and other employees, to manage your workload and time, to use translation tools (like CAT), and more.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Actual translations from English to native language for non-technical and technical texts.
• Proofreading/reviewing existing translations against the English source.
• Other linguistic-related tasks (Audio transcription, WinAlign, etc...)
Previous experience and/or familiarity with the technical and Ul terminologies (English & native language) for the fields mentioned below will be an advantage.
• IT - Computer software & hardware
• Telecommunications (Cellphone Manuals & Ul)
• Technical Engineering
• Marketing translations for the fields mentioned above
Note: Technical text will be provided with glossaries, TMs, and sufficient reference files to aid in translations.
Do you like the services of your plumber or the warm welcome of the restaurant nearby? Recommend them!