English (Mother tongue)
1. Participate in the development of a core curriculum framework for K-12 reading, writing, and science courses;
2. Create a body of supplementary course materials based on the curriculum framework, including researching, developing, and editing educational products (both teachers’ and students’ materials);
3. Participate in every step of educational product development, including revising materials based on in-class experience, teacher recommendations, student performance, and changing educational standards;
4. Design and participate in teacher training sessions.
1. A bachelor’s degree awarded by an accredited university;
2. Teaching experience;
3. Experience with English language learners;
4. Familiar with American educational standards and teaching practices;
5. Native English speaker with excellent writing skills and command of grammar and language mechanics.
6. A master’s degree or above in education or an education-related field from a highly-ranked university;
7. Three or more years of classroom teaching experience with middle- or high school students;
8. Experience in the development of curricula and/or writing and editing educational materials;
9. Familiar with Adobe In Design software.
Help the other expats by sharing useful information in the expat guide