Wishing to live in the USA ? Find useful info in the expat guide
Free download
View all destinations Change destination

Work in the USA

Our participative guide will help you find out more on the work market and the legal framework in the USA.

Write an article

Latest articles

You will need a working visa to be able to find a job or to follow a training program. If you are a skilled worker, you will need the H1-B visa while for an internship you have to apply for a J-1 visa.

Article written by

Want to become a digital nomad in the United States? The digital nomad's guide to the United States will help you make the most of your nomadic life abroad

Article written by

How can I create a business in the United States? Can I get some help to open my business in the U.S? Is it possible to work freelance in the United States?

Article written by

To find a job in Chicago, you need to apply for a work visa, that is the H1-B type visa. Different types of visas apply to different categories of workers. You need to determine to which category you belong before making an application.

Article written by

To do an internship in California, you need a sponsor which will fill out the necessary procedures regarding the visa requirements. You can go through a recruitment agency or search on the Internet.

Article written by

To find a job in Miami, you need to have qualities and skills that are not available in the local labor market. It is easier to find a job in the tourism sector. But you must first apply for a work visa, called the H1-B visa.

Article written by

To find a job in New York as an expat, you will have to apply for a work permit. If you are already studying in the US with a study visa, you already qualify for a work permit.

Article written by

To do an internship in New York, you will need an intership visa, or the J-1 visa. You can find an internship by your own means or with the help of an agency.

Article written by

The US labor market is known to be liberal. Most employees are hired according to a verbal agreement between them and their employer. A normal working day generally consists of eight working hours.

Article written by

Would you like to live in the USA?

Find useful information in our expatriate guide.

Expatriate health insurance in the USA

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the USA

Moving to the USA

Find tips from professionals about moving to the USA

Travel insurance in the USA

Enjoy stress-free travel to the USA