Updated 9 years ago


By far the easiest way to move to the U.S to work is to firstly: Find a Job.

Finding a company willing to sponsor you, for a work visa is the first step (This is probably the hardest part!!!)

In fact, right now there are still visas available for skilled foreign workers.

(Read: You should hold a Bachelors degree or equivalent but not always!!!.....)

This type of visa is known as an H1-B.

They are extremely popular visas among those wanting to come to the U.S. to live and work and also amongst those who wish to move to the U.S. permanently.

The usual scenario for the past decade is for these visas to be gobbled up during the first 24 hrs they are offered. Since they are made available up to six months before they become valid, the wait to acquire one can be excruciating!

Why so popular??

These visas are great for a couple of reasons:

  • It allows you to work here as a Non-immigrant.

                                     AND (at the same time)

  • It is also one of the few visa that allows you to apply for lawful permanent residence a.k.a.  “Green Card!”

So if you dream is to move to America, either on a temporary or permanent basis, then this is the easiest way to do it!

For more information, contact one of our attorneys listed at www.teplenlaw.com.

We do our best to provide accurate and up to date information. However, if you have noticed any inaccuracies in this article, please let us know in the comments section below.