If you are looking forward to settle in Nizhny Novgorod, here are some useful tips to help you find a job there.
Nizhny Novgorod, formerly known as Gorky, is found at 405 km east of Moscow, at the confluence of the famous Oka and Volga rivers. Being Russia's fifth largest city, Nizhny Novgorod offers various opportunities to young professionals wishing to settle and work there. In fact, Nizhny Novgorod has a vibrant economic reputation due to its river transport network, railways, as well as its road infrastructures. It has also attracted many international companies over the years, hence stimulating its economy.
Note that Nizhny Novgorod's population currently amounts to over 1,259,921 inhabitants, including a large number of foreigners of different nationalities.
Nizhny Novgorod is deemed to be the Volga-Vyatka region's economic hub due to the presence of many big firms such as:
- RusVinyl (a SolVin, Belgium and Russia Sibur Holding joint venture ) which specializes in PVC manufacturing
- Vyksa Steel Works, which is one of Russia's oldest metallurgical plants, located in Dzerzhinsk.
- Gomzovo's plaster plant, with the assistance of Saint-Gobain in Pavlovo
- Palitra & A.Ş, in Dzerzhinsk, which is a wallpaper manufacturer
- Unilin, which is a laminated flooring manufacturing plant in Dzerzhinsk ( with the support of Unilin Flooring, Belgium)
- Danieli Volga, which is an industrial metallurgical equipment manufacturing company
- Leoni Zavolzhye which is an automotive components production company
- Gorkovski Avtomobilny Zavod (GAZ), specialized in automobile manufacturing
- Volkswagen, world famous automobile manufacturer.
Find a job
You can start your job search by spotting a few big companies operating in the region. You can then send spontaneous job applications. You may also check out job offers on the internet and in classified ads in local newspapers.
However, you must be very patient before finding the right job, and, above all, have a good knowledge of Russian.
On the other hand, the city regularly hosts international trade fairs such as the International IT Forum, the International Medical Forum, the Twin and Partner Cities International Forum, the Great Rivers International Science and Industrial Forum, the Busworld Russia, which is a World-Wide Bus and Coach Industry Show, the International Orthodox Exhibition and Trade Fair, and the Russia United which is an International Scientific and Industrial Forum.
Expat.com – Job offers in Nizhny Novgorod
Nizhnynovgorod.com - List of companies in Nizhny Novgorod www.nizhnynovgorod.com/business
Nizhny Novgorod Official website www.nizhnynovgorod.com
Rus Jobs rus.jobs