Follow all our news on Facebook!

South Korea WHV


The Working Holiday Visa (WHV) allows you to benefit from professional experience in South Korea. This visa has a 12 months maximum duration.

Do you dream of acquiring professional experience in South Korea? If this is the case, you can visit this Asian country through the Working Holiday Program (WHP) which will allow you to stay for 12 months. You will have the opportunity to work, to do an internship and even study during this period.

 Good to know:

You will be eligible to the WHV if you come from one of the following 15 countries: France, United Kingdom, Austria, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Hong-Kong, Japan, Czech Republic.


Above all, you must be between 18 and 30 years old. But you will still be allowed to enter the South Korean territory until the eve of your 31st birthday. Note that you must not have a dependent during your stay in the country. Moreover, the request should be presented in your country of residence. The visa will be delivered there itself.

You can work in the country during 12 months. You can also leave the country and come back as many times as you wish during this period without having to obtain additional work permits. There are no restrictions regarding the authorized professions South Korea.

However, you must not have previously participated in the South Korea WHV. Otherwise, your application will not be considered.


To apply for the WHV, you have to produce your passport which has to be valid at the time of application and throughout the duration of your stay, a passport-size photo, your return flight tickets, as well as evidence of sufficient funds, that is some 2,500 euros or $ 3,300 to support yourself during your stay. You also have to produce a medical certificate attesting of your good health. It is strongly recommended that you subscribe to a medical insurance prior to your departure.

You must also submit a sample of your criminal record showing that you have no criminal history, a cover letter indicating your wish to make a business trip in the country, and an attendance certificate or your diplomas.

Request must be submitted in person or sent by mail to the South Korean Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence. Fees apply but residents of some countries may be exempted of these.

 Useful links:

South Korea Working Holiday Visa
WHV Application form


Once in South Korea, you are required to register with the Immigration Office within three months following your arrival. You must inform the related authorities in case of change of address within 14 days. Note however that you cannot change your status or extend your stay.

Recommend Your favourite team
Member since 01 June 2008
Small earth, Mauritius
Write a comment

See also

If you already have a smart phone, but don't want to commit to a 2 year phone contract, there is an alternative--and it's a lot cheaper!
You are advised to hire international movers if you are planning to settle in South Korea. You should also subscribe to insurance for your belongings.

Expatriate health insurance in South Korea

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in South Korea

Moving to South Korea

Find tips from professionals about moving to South Korea

Travel insurance in South Korea

Enjoy stress-free travel to South Korea

Flights to South Korea

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to South Korea